Believe it or not, until the middle of the 20th century, the sexual desire of a woman was considered a type of mental illness. Fortunately, sex nowadays has become a normal thing! However, nowadays, another “fashion wave” has come, and to be specific, this wave is about entering into your spiritual world, by rejecting “carnal pleasures” in exchange for inner growth.
There are numerous adults that refuse sex, hoping to find some useful inner qualities in this abstinence. Psychologists and sexologists come up with some pros and cons, however, you are the one to decide what type of journey you choose.
- “Abstinance” affects the general condition of the body, making it more vulnerable to viruses.
- The immunity of women who voluntarily or involuntarily deprived themselves of sexual intercourse is 33% lower than that of those who regularly relieve sexual tension.
- Having sex promotes the production of collagen, which makes the skin elastic and saves from wrinkles
- Orgasms are the best cure for depression
- Prevention of hormonal disruptions.
- Acne can persist, as sex is the best remedy for healthy skin.
- Menstrual cycles may change
- Increased irritability
Sex is a great way to relieve stress. The lack of sex in a woman’s life reduces the number of endorphins and seriously worsens mood. At least in the early stages of abstinence will be very difficult.
- Abstinence usually helps to save the energy needed to fulfill an individual’s potential. This saved energy can be useful in creating educational activities, work projects. There is a “legend” that artists and athletes abstain from sexual relationships before an important event that requires serious implication.
- Body rejuvenation. Representatives of spiritual practices are sure that moderate abstinence helps in recovering the body.
-Sex, in addition to pleasure, also brings the risk of getting diseases. Even protected sex does not guarantee 100% protection. The list is wide,-of course, not having sex reduces the risk of picking up such surprises to zero.
- The chances of finding the “right” partner have increased.
- Have fun with romantic partners without sexual involvement, so the relationship can reach a new level.
- The abstinence supports personal, moral, or religious beliefs and values.
Slow But Sure
Representatives from Cornell University (USA) came up with a theory about abstinence in couples at an early stage of a relationship. Couples who met and interrupted their sex life before moving on to the next level, in most cases, proved to have a healthier and happier relationship than those who missed the period of “getting to know the person ”. One of the studies was based on interviewing 600 married couples and people living in a civil marriage. People were asked about their level of understanding and communication in their relationship, also, how often contradictions occur, and, of course, what is their level of sexual communication. The study also involved other sides of the relationship, such as financial issues, interest in the partner’s activities, and many other issues that provided clarity to this experiment.
The specialists concluded that early sex partially disrupts the process of exploring a partner’s inner world, all these things leading to a lot of “slipping”, instead of consciously deciding how much they need to have sex.
Intense sexual desire can interfere with the development of other aspects of a healthy relationship, such as commitment, rapport, and shared values.
In reality, things are much simpler. Satisfaction in bed is always pleasant if you are lucky to have the right partner. However, if your body and soul feel the need to experiment with a period of abstinence, then, just listen to your inner calling and see what happens next. It is important to take this decision based on your REAL needs, otherwise, it can lead to unpleasant consequences. Read more articles here
Is Sexual Wellness the next big thing in Self-Care?
Taking ownership of your sexuality doesn’t have to be a self-destructive experience but an empowering one.
We as women are often told to be more feminine, sexier, more agreeable, more of “this” or more of “that,” but never really asked what we wish for? We all agree that we need more of ourselves, more self-love, and more auto-discovery.
There is no shame in the self-love game! It is a gap about which nobody likes to talk. Also, speaking about sexuality is usually filtered down to a hush. However, it’s time to break down the barriers and get real. We need to shake off the stigma surrounding sexual wellness once and for all. Read full article here
Lube trends 2022
So, first of all, what are lubes?
Personal lubricants also referred to as sexual lube or lubes, come in a gel or liquid. They can be applied to the penis, vagina, anus, or sex toys. Lubes can enhance sexual pleasure by helping penetration, relieving pain, and reducing friction during sexual intercourse and masturbation.
Sexual lubrication is in no way a modern invention. There is evidence that lube was used as far back as 600 BC. Carrageenan, a sticky liquid extracted from red seaweed, was used by those in Japan, Korea, and China. This liquid t is water-soluble, viscous, and slippery, making it an efficient lubricant, and it is still used in some lubricants today.
More recently, researchers have also discovered that carrageenan-based gels might help prevent the transmission of versions of HPV, which can cause cervical cancer. Read full article here
Tantric Sex is more than an orgasm
Tantra is an art that teaches us to live in harmony with reality, it being the most pleasurable form of meditation possible. It is difficult to determine the origin of tantra, as it has been around for thousands of years, but we do know that the ancient practice originated in Hinduism and Buddhism. History says that tantra is about awareness, mindfulness, and connection.
After Tantric sex, with the achievement of spiritual ecstasy, for a long time, you will feel as if renewed, rejuvenated, vigorous and energetic. Sex will turn into bliss.
What’s the philosophy of Tantric Sex?
The meaning of Tantric philosophy is to achieve the spiritual and physical harmony of partners, as a result of which a “tantra-couple” is formed. The couple will feel much closer to God, than each of the partners separately. First, you need to deal with an environment in which you would be comfortable and a place to give you the feeling of freedom. No one should disturb your peace. It is advisable to turn on soft, calm music, dim the lights, and light incense.
The energy exchange of two bodies, in accordance with Tantra, is possible only if the partners are fully concentrated on sex and its long duration, so the main thing in Tantric sex is the ability to delay ejaculation and maintain an erection for a long time. It turns out that Tantric sex is not so much an orgasm of the body, but rather an orgasm of the soul.
The poses for tantra are sex yoga exercises, and the process of making love should be taken as meditation. Orgasm in tantra is not the goal, it may not occur at all. Tantric sex is very sensual and slow, it implies the complete merging of partners in order to obtain energy. Each movement must be felt to the end. Fast movements are not suitable for this type of sex, as are standard poses like doggy style.
Breathing is the key
Use Tantric breathing exercises to guide your “Kundalini” through your “chakras”. Kundalini is known as sexual energy that is believed to remain dormant in the body until it is awakened when it spreads from the base of the spine to the top of the head through the body’s energy centers (chakras). Tantra lovers use meditation, touch, breath and visualization to awaken and stimulate the flow of their sexual energy.
To tune into a partner, you need to synchronize your breathing. Both, you and him should breathe slowly and deeply, so that your hearts beat in the same rhythm. Get as close as possible to the partner, adjust to his breathing, listen to his heartbeat. Each touch can bring more pleasure than classical sex. The leading role at this stage belongs to you. In this state, you may “wake up” unexpected erogenous zones.
There are six stages of Tantric sex:
- You can start by taking a walk or meditation, a light breakfast, however, the most important is affection and compliments.
- This stage is about the environment – preparation of the room, taking a shower, turning off devices,
- Tantric Sex can’t work without relaxation of the body and thoughts. It is essential to enter a “thoughtlessness” state of mind, or it can also be a type of emptiness. This stage is about giving each other a light massage, light aromatic lamps, and candles. Keep looking into each other’s eyes, to create the connection, and of course, you can kiss.
- The prelude to sex! This is about adjusting your breathing in order to feel the body of the partner and enter into a single rhythm. A good exercise would be to inhale and exhale in turn. You can also try exploring different positions without penetration, in order to understand your needs and desires.
- Fusion! This is the loooongest stage, which can last from hours to days. The best option is to start with the spoon pose. Then you can continue with the lotus position. This ain’t the last stage! First, the man enters into the woman “incompletely”, by touching her labia and gradually increasing the depth of entry.
- Relaxation. The sixth stage is relaxation. Unlike regular sex, when partners jump out of bed immediately after orgasm, in tantra it is very important to relax properly and continue caresses even after the “boom”.
When making love, make sure you are completely liberated. There’s nothing wrong if you feel to cry, scream, or moan during sexual ecstasy. Smoothly transitions, slow movements, effortlessly, also smoothly transitions from one movement to another, will make the process magic. The longer you make love, the more pleasant and stronger the orgasm is. Both you and he should have only one orgasm at the very end of the session, and it can be very strong.
As soon as you feel the orgasm is close, the advice is to stop the process without removing the penis from the vagina, and just wait until the excitement passes. It’s about learning how to delay orgasm.
Tantra is harmony, unity, a deep connection, creativity, and inspiration, as well, a special vision of love, sincerity. We can talk for a long time about Tantric sex. Better yet, try it and share your impressions! Read more articles here